Despite what the 12-step cult wants you to believe, there's no "one-size-fits-all" solution for overcoming addiction.
That said, below are 7 controversial methods that people all over the world are using to end their addictions that may be helpful for you too:
1. Psychedelics (Psilocybin mushrooms, LSD, ayahuasca, etc.)
2. Nootropics (CBD, kratom, piracetam, etc.)
3. The Sinclair Method (Treatment for alcohol use disorder that uses an opiate blocker to reduce or eliminate a person's craving for alcohol.)
4. Holotropic Breathwork (Accelerated breathing with evocative music in a special set and setting intended to help with emotional healing and personal growth.)
5. Self-Inquiry (A method for turning the mind in upon itself to first know its true nature and then to be its true nature.)
6. Lucid Dreaming (A lucid dream is any dream during which the dreamer is aware of dreaming. You can access your subconscious mind, conquer your fears, solve problems, etc.)
7. Alter Ego (Thinking of yourself as a separate entity, embodying a fictional character, activating an alternative personality, etc.)
Scientific research and testimonials from people all over the world indicate a variety of benefits from each of these.
And based on my personal experience, I've found most of them to be helpful in some way — therapeutic, harm reduction, enlightenment, etc.
However, I'm not a doctor and none of this information is medical advice.
I'm sharing these methods with you for informational purposes only.
Also, it's very important to understand that psychedelics and nootropics may be ILLEGAL where you live.
Please make sure you fully understand your local laws as well as any possible health risks regarding these substances/methods if you decide to try them.
Finally, if you want to end your addiction faster, easier, and forever, it's important to work with an expert that can help you change your beliefs and habits.
Schedule a free strategy session with me to see if we're a good fit to work together.
If not, I'll still give you my best advice based on your situation, goals, and preferences.
Kevin Edwards is the founder of Unaddictable, creator of the Identity Emergence Method, and a full-time Relapse Prevention Specialist.
When he’s not helping his clients, he loves having fun with his family, traveling, reading books, writing poetry, watching movies, and playing poker.